Thursday, September 16, 2010

I Can Cook!

I often make declarations on new projects or ideas that I'm going to try to execute and this September I vowed that I would try to learn to cook. My hubby has lovingly taken me under his highly skilled wing and is trying to teach me the ropes. We've made some apple fig almond risotto, kale, bacon & bean soup and butternut squash halibut stew. All have turned out very very well if I do say so myself!

This week, I decided to take a cooking class with the lovely Emily Dellas at First Class Cooking. She offers amazing interactive classes in her beautiful home and when you're done prepping the meal everyone eats together in her dining room overlooking the city. It's a wonderful way to spend the night. I was so caught up in making the meal that I only remembered to snap a few photos.

The ingredients to our heirloom tomato, peach, burrata and basil salad


Lemon, herb quinoa


C rusted zucchini, eggplant and tofu for the vegetarians


Dinner, including pistachio crusted sea bass


Homemade chocolate-hazelnut gelato

If you're in the Bay Area, I highly recommend you sign up for her mailing list. She sends out the menu at the beginning of the month so you can pick your date. Classes fill up quickly so book early!

1 comment:

Christina said...

Yum!!! Nice work.