Monday, October 15, 2012

Getting Crafty

I've recently started getting together with two of my most creative and amazing friends, Coquette and Belle Epoque, for regular craft days.  These two ladies are insanely crafty and if there is anything I'd like to learn, they can (and are!) my personal tutors.  

With Halloween right around the corner I decided that it was time to get started on making costumes for the littles.  My mom was always good at making me costumes so I thought that I would give it a go as well.  For some unknown reason, I decided the theme this year would be popcorn.  With encouragement from my crafty friends, I set out to make my very first costume(s).

I didn't have a pattern but had a clear visual in my head on how I wanted them to turn out.  With a quick trip to Jo Anne's, I had all the supplies including wooden letters for me to trace, felt and foam.  I unearthed my sewing machine which has been waiting patiently in my storage and got to work.  

Getting started with the sewing machine!

Not only did I manage to make two (!) homemade costumes, I had the them finished in time for our annual twin club Spooktacular event this past weekend!  I have to say, I'm pretty pleased with the results!

Ta-da!  My little bag of buttered popcorn!

Proud mama

1 comment:

Natalie said...

The costumes turned out amazing! I love the little popcorn heads you made too. So clever!