Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Hello Photograph

Do you ever have those moments when you see a perfect photograph standing before you?  If it's a person, I think, "Should I ask them if I can take their picture?", "Is that weird?", "What if they think I'm a crazy person?" and so on until usually the moment has passed.  A few months ago I was walking across the street in downtown Toronto and Alice Cooper was standing on the street corner talking to several people in his entourage wearing a golf shirt and white fedora, it was sort of unnerving.  I'm not a fan (at all. sorry.) but to see him just hanging out in very non-Alice Cooper attire was exciting, and I wanted to take his picture.  But I didn't.  And the moment was gone.  I encountered another moment today when I was running errands in Union Square in San Francisco (well, really I was at the dentist but "running errands" sounds more glamorous, right?) and I hesitated.  But I turned back just as these three sailors were turning to catch a better look at a giant poodle sauntering down the street and I got this.  Perfect.
Photo by me via Instagram

No comments: